Thursday, April 7, 2011

Themed Thursday: The 80's

I was having difficulties coming up with a post for today and my friend Leslie helped me out by reminding me of the 80's and crimped hair.  I miss crimped hair.  Then I realized, there's a lot that I miss from the 80's.

Crimped hair
Like the cartoons.  I was a kid in the 80's.  Cartoons were a vital part of everyday.

80s cartoons

And of course the movies.  

Beetlejuice

Labyrinth

The Goonies
The 80's produced way too many awesome movies for me to list them all here.

Then there was the fashion.

80s fashion
Which wasn't all awesome, but had its moments.

And last, the music.  I had trouble picking a favorite hit song, even after taking votes on facebook, so I'm posting a couple compilations, enjoy.



What do you miss most about the 80's?

10 comments:

Oilfield Trash said...

I so miss the 80's cartoons.

Johi said...

The John Hughes teen films. So good.

Anonymous said...

OMG! so awesome Brandy!! I miss spandex (not really) and being a kid!!
Leslie <3

Nikki Rules said...

My tight skin? :) Any movie featuring the Brat Pack... big fan, big fan.... And this is late 80s but do you remember the tv show Thirtysomething? I was just thinking about that show tonight! I think they even penned the term "drama-com" good times...

hoodyhoo said...

Gotta say the music -- the crap these kids today are listening to is... well, crap! And I miss hairdo's that could put someone's eye out...

J.R. LeMar said...

I miss the Hair Bands.

Slyde said...

the thing i miss MOST about the 80's is the fact that i didnt know how good i had it back then... i was young, free, and i pretty much squandered it.

ah, if i could only have those years back...

Lone Ranger said...

Being in my 30s.

Marianna Annadanna said...

Legwarmers. And big hairspray poofs. (Which I would still be doing if old fashioned haristyles weren't one of my biggest pet peeves!)

The Holmes said...

Whoa, Jesus, that cartoon pic totally sent me into flashback mode. Awesome.