Monday, April 11, 2011

Rant and Rave: Pet Peeves

“I don't have pet peeves, I have whole kennels of irritation” Whoopi

Pet peeves. Everybody has them. Lets have a sharing moment shall we:

-Know it alls. Intelligence is something I admire. I will gladly listen to advice when given, but those, "You're an idiot and you're doing it wrong" people, not worth pissing on.

-People who cut in line.  Do you seriously think I'm not going to say anything because you stepped in all quite like?  And it's not gonna be "excuse me, the end of the line is back there", it's gonna be something more along the line of "WTF!?"

-Women drivers. I know. I'm one of them.

-Getting in trouble for something I didn't do. I will fess up, especially if it was brilliantly devious (whether or not I did it in that case), but try to tell me I did something I didn't do and I'm like a cat in the bag.

-Done it alls. Often belonging to the Know it alls group. "I've done that and my experience was so much better than yours..." Bullshi...

-Stupid Stubborn. Someone with a particular idea or opinion that sticks and is wrong. You can prove it to them, documented facts and all, and they still won't believe you. Recently had an argument over what deja vou means. Got out the damn dictionary-still won't believe me!

-Men who don't put the toilet seat down. You're not in danger of falling in. I AM!

Ok, there is more, but I'm stopping here. Your turn.

10 comments:

Oilfield Trash said...

That right there is a pretty darn good list.

EmptyNester said...

Yep, I've got all those. But the rest would take up too much space. LOL

Johi said...

The post on my dashboard right above yours was about pet peeves too! Funny.
Good list.
Hypocrites. 'Nough said.
I have a peeve about grammar, and then I often don't proof read my posts well enough and find that I am writing wrong wrong wrong. I'm a giant hypocrite so this doesn't surprise me.

momiss said...

People who use roads for their wheel chairs. I feel bad about it, but I fantasize about ramming them. And people who don'd use their blinkers. I think they did not receive enough attention as children.

Marianna Annadanna said...

Dogs. Old fashioned haristyles. Winter - in CANADA. Close-minded people. And anything that *doesn't* have chocolate on/in it.

Wow, that was awkward said...

I'm just gonna step in front of you here and tell you I know all this already. By the way, when you drove erratically over here and used my toilet, you left it up. I leave the toilet up way better than you. The world is flat. Shut up, it is.

David L Macaulay said...

ah that toilet seat thing. It's not really the fault of men. We just have misshapen hands.

Mrs. Tuna said...

Lint from the dryer does not go in the recyle bin, no one will weave a new sweater from it. It goes in the other can, RIGHT NEXT TO IT.

hoodyhoo said...

Wes' BYGAWD Virginny is chock full of the Stupid Stubborns... I blame the overzealous church attendance. No, Gomer, you CANNOT win every argument by playing the Jesus card! THIS IS NOT MAGIC: THE GATHERING!

hoodyhoo said...

um, and my newest pet peeve is that my captcha for the previus comment was "mense." WTF, captcha? Just the one?