Thursday, January 20, 2011

Themed Thursday: Pitbulls

I adore pitbulls...they were once the National Canine Mascot, the Front "Man" of American posters, they were once used as Nanny's to care for and protect our children!!!  And do you know why?  Because they are good, loyal, intelligent and loving creatures.  And sadly that is why they are bred for fighting.  Because they want to please their owners.  Its SICK!  People like Michael Vick should be tortured in the slowest, most painful way ever imagined and then shot multiple times in the head just to make sure they are dead and there is no chance of them coming back like in a scary movie!!!!

Ban stupid ppl, not dogs.

How could you fear this?

I got your back girl.

Petey!

Little Rascals' Petey

True Story

American Hero

Nanny

I'm sorry you'll fear me in a couple mths.

Damn Straight!

U.S.A
And since I mentioned the Vick Dogs, here's what became of the survivors.

14 comments:

the princess said...

This post made me cry. I HATE people like Michael Vick, and anyone else who would harm an animal.

Marty said...

I hate how some shelters will automatically put them down just because of their breed. It's like racism for dogs.

CB said...

Dude, i love pitbulls too! MV sucks balls. He didn't even go to jail did he?

questionablesanity said...

Totally agreed.

tightrope walker said...

one of the worst things is that michael vick served for racketeering, not for any animal cruelty charges.

and i would trust my pit bulls around children any day of the week, certainly more than some people i've known...

Organic Meatbag said...

Well put, dear...well put...

tattytiara said...

I once found a nearly but not quite full grown pit bull wandering lost. I was careful, because a lot of stupid, mean people do indeed choose the breed and raise unpredictable dogs as a result, but ultimately she proved not only to be safe, but one of the most even tempered animals I have ever dealt with. Clearly nervous and scared, but a perfect house guest. I hated giving her back when I found the owner!

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

I love pits too, they're so misunderstood and mistreated, it's just fucked up.

Norman W said...

I have always had pitbulls. They are family members. They stay in the house with us, not chained up out back. There are several good books about pitbulls, describing them as you did, intelligent, loving, loyal animals. Too bad the media has destroyed their image. Thanks for the post, nice pics too.

StephanieC said...

Finally, someone who recognizes how awesome these dogs are!

I hate the "breedism" going on here. In Ontario it is ridiculous. It's STUPID OWNERS, like you said. Dogs can only be as good as their owners (that is why mine is neurotic and apparently loves chocolate, but I digress).

AWESOME POST!

I first saw this video in 2007 and it is beautiful and heartbreaking all at once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeuy_PBlqz8

p.s. my own grrrrrrrrrrrrrr to word captchas!

Brandy Rose said...

StephanieC: I just bawled my ass off watching that and laughed and smiled and clapped and damn!

StephanieC said...

It's awesome. I love that song because of it.

StephanieC said...

And just to overload your comments section once more, I am appaled that Vick is allowed to play again and make millions and argue with BF and others about it all the time.

And there is a little something for you over at my blog, if you want it.

Seriously?... Reeeally??... Seriously?

Sandra said...

Point very well made.
And Petey! Come on! Everybody loved Petey!