Friday, January 28, 2011

A Plethora of Non-expectations

So I was looking at this chart at the back of one of my text books and its a days of the year chart and of course the first thing I look up is how many days it is until my birthday.  217.  Thats not very long from now and I just think its simply prudent planning to make sure that everyone is informed and forewarned so that it doesn't hit anyone as a sudden surprise when the day finally arrives and everyone can be fully prepared.

Now I'm not expecting anything big for my birthday.  I mean, the Pope said he couldn't get any time off and Elvis is off-planet, and unfortunately Brown Derby doesn't deliver so we'll have to stock up, but I am looking forward to the flags flying low at Half Mass, the fireworks display, and of course the Jumpy Jump.

Jumpy jump

I mean, that's not expecting much, right?

And of course telling everyone now gives all of you and the Mountain Man plenty of time to come up with the perfect birthday gifts.  I am CERTAIN that I will swoon at the magnificence of all of the pretty shinnies and all the big, BIG boxes just awaiting me to tear into them.  

And I'm trying not to get too excited, because it is just another birthday, one where I'll be turning 29 for the only time EVER.  But I can't help but look forward to the millions of balloons and hundreds of white daisies and of course the 30 something doves that will be released Right as I blow out the candles on my three tier chocolate, chocolate, chocolate cake.

And there is no doubt that, with all of this being said so far in advance, if ANYONE were to, God Forbid, FORGET, I'd be devastated, crushed, left lying on the floor bleeding and in desperate need of a tourniquet.

....(pause for dramatic effect)

But like I said, its not a big deal and I'm not expecting much....

9 comments:

Jessica said...

First off...I'm not technically a "mom" so...this isn't really a "mom comment" .... :)

Secondly, I found YOUR comment on my blog in the spam folder...*sigh* I don't think you're spam...

Third: My nirthday is coming up, too...and I'll be turning 28 for THE FIRST TIME EVER. Also, not expecting muuuucccchh.............(I call my husband "mountain man" when he grows a goatee. Funny).

Marty said...

I wanna come play in your jumpy castle... and eat three tier chocolate birthday cake......

questionablesanity said...

217 days?! That's practically TOMORROW! Of course, my birthday is only 187 days away so my forgetting of your birthday may or may not be directly related to your forgetting of mine. I will also be turning 29 for the very first time ever.

Also, if you get a Jumpy Jump, you should totally invite me to your party, or I will be very, very sad.

AND I have a question! Are you putting the balloons and doves in the Jumpy Jump? Cause that could be... Messy. Just sayin'.

Johi said...

I see that you subscribe to the same theory that I do about keeping your expectations low. :) My birthday is 24 days away. Please call my husband and tell him not to be lame again this year. Thanks! xoxo

jarheadxbox said...

For my birthday I intend on going to work and eating a sandwich.
"A man doesnt do what he likes. A man has a wife and a job, to keep him away from what he likes."
-American Dad

tattytiara said...

Haha, why am I not surprised you're hinting for the pink castle jumpy jump?

the princess said...

Oh god, you crack me up. Also, is it weird that I really want one of those bouncy pink castles? lol

J.R. LeMar said...

Happy Early Birthday!




Just wanted to get that out of the way now.

StephanieC said...

I am SO THERE for the jumpy jump.

Oh... and to celebrate your birthday and all, too.

Don't forget the streamers, sparklers, and ball gowns.